We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Help pick-up outpatients in the Metro-Detroit area and bring to main hospital for appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current driver's license, automobile insurance and pass a physical exam.
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Help patients and visitors with information and clinic locations.
- Golf Cart Drivers
- Help outpatients on first floor with access to the medical center.
- Volunteer Office Assistant
- Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include filing, answering phones, and greeting and directing patients.
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Help the pharmacy with medication mailings and opening mail.
- Volunteer Patient Reminder Caller
- Help make phone calls to remind patients about their scheduled appointments.
- Patient Escort Volunteers
- Provide assistance with pushing patients in wheelchairs to their scheduled appointments.
- Amenity Relief Volunteer
- Assist and support nursing staff on inpatient units providing amenities and special attention to patients as needed.
- Magazine / Book Cart
- Sort donated magazines and books, and take the cart to designated waiting areas, staff patient bookroom and stock book racks.
- Patient Concierge
- Assist Veterans and visitors with information and serve as a liaison to the care staff.