John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
The mission of the Dermatology Section, Medicine Service at the Detroit VA Medical Center is to provide expert medical and surgical treatment for disorders of the skin, hair and nails. The ten board-certified dermatologists in the Dermatology Clinic treat skin diseases from acne to skin cancer. About 12,000 Veteran patients visit our clinic each year. Our doctors treat the following diseases and disorders of the skin:
- Adult acne
- Precancerous Actinic Keratoses
- Basal Cell Carcinoma below 2 cm
- Cysts of the skin
- Eczema/Atopic dermatitis
- Genital and common warts
- Hair loss disorders
- Herpes Simplex
- Infectious skin disorders: bacterial, fungal, parasitic and viral
- Inflammatory skin disorders
- Insect bites
- Keloid scars
- Melanoma: diagnosis and surgery of thin lesions
- Nail disorders
- Moles and other irritating benign growths
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma below 2 cm
- Urticaria (hives) not involving the throat
Our dermatologists here at the Detroit VA Medical Center treat patients who have complex dermatology problems or conditions requiring specialized treatment. We can perform the following specialty services and treatments for disorders of the skin:
- Phototherapy: ultraviolet light therapy for skin disorders
- Biologic psoriasis therapies
- Patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis
- Fungal testing
- MOHS micrographic surgery for skin cancer
Location of Service in Medical Center:
C2400 (Yellow tower)
313-576-1000, ext. 65085
Hours of Operation:
- Surgery: Monday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- General Dermatology:
- Monday, 1:20 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
- Thursday 1:40 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- C2400 yellow tower
- 313-576-1000 Ext. 65085
Hours of Operation
Surgery -- Monday 8:00-4:00 pm -- Thursday 9:00-11:30 am
Dermatology -- Mon 1:20-3:40 pm -- Tues/Fri 9:00-11:30 am and 1:20-3:40 pm -- Thurs 1:40-3:40 pm