VA » Health Care » John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan » Features
John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Detroit VA 2018 Veteran Art Show
- Amazing art was on display at the Detroit VA on March 8th, as Veterans in the art therapy program showed off their work. The local show is a qualifier for the National Veteran Creative Arts Festival.
- Mural Painted by Kids at Detroit VA
- Eight young students from St. Regis School in Bloomfield Hills recently painted a colorful mural on the first floor of the Detroit VA, on a temporary wall installed during construction.
- Team Motown Brings Home Medals from ’17 NVGAG
- Detroit area senior athletes competed again as “Team Motown” in the National Veterans Golden Age Games, held this year in Biloxi, MS. The team won a total of 42 medals in various events.
- Detroit VA Nurse Heads to 2017 NVGAG as Volunteer
- Ernest Moore, RN, MSN, took what he learned from volunteering at last year’s NVGAG in Detroit, to this year’s Games in Biloxi, Mississippi, along with other VA employees from around the U.S.
- Vietnam Vets Reunite at 2016 Games in Detroit
- Detroit’s 2016 National Veterans Golden Age Games, held in July, becomes the perfect place for a reunion of three Vietnam Veterans who had not seen each other in more than 50 years.
- Vietnam Vet Pinning Ceremony at Detroit VA
- Detroit VA Healthcare System staff and patients, all Vietnam War Vets, participated in a commemorative pinning ceremony on May 19th, as part of the 50th anniversary of the War.
- Dedicated Detroit VA Volunteer Honored
- In mid-March, Detroit VA Volunteer, Helen Kushnir, an original “Rosie the Riveter”, was flown to Washington DC and honored for her war efforts. The program was sponsored by Ford.
- You Have a PAL at the Detroit VA!
- What is a PAL at the Detroit VA? A Patient Advocate Liaison is a member of the Detroit VA staff that can provide answers to questions and solutions to issues in his or her own service.
- Detroit “VA Cares” Program Gives Back
- In 2014, the Detroit VA started a program to help employees recognize need in the community in which we work. “VA Cares” has become popular with employees who love to meet and help others.
- Game Helps Educate Professionals at the Detroit VA
- Continuing education took on a new look at the Detroit VA Healthcare System in July, as the BHIP team took to game-playing with the entire team. The game was a unique approach to teaching.