John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
Primary Care - Mental Health Integration PC-MHI
The Primary Care-Mental Health Integration (PC-MHI) team at the Detroit VA Medical Center provides co-located and collaborative care to Veterans within the Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT). The team, known as the Behavioral Care Team (BCT), is a multidisciplinary team composed of psychologists, psychiatrists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners, as well as RNs. BCT provides treatment of mild-moderate mental health issues, with emphasis on services within a primary care setting. BCT also provides RN care management and support for those patients with mild-moderate depression and anxiety who are being managed solely with the PACT teams. Services Offered:
- Behavioral health consultation according to the co-located, Collaborative Care Model.
- Provision of same-day/as needed access to mental health assessment and treatment services for Veterans in Primary Care.
- Consultation to primary care providers and other specialists related to management of behavioral health concerns in a medical setting and utilization of behavior change strategies related to improving medical outcomes.
- Implementation of evidence-based individual intervention practices, such as CPT, CBT, ACT, Motivational Interviewing, and skills-based approaches (e.g. stress management, pain management) targeting behavior change to promote physical and mental health.
- Psychosocial assessments for transplant (e.g., lung, kidney, liver, stem-cell) and bariatric surgery.
- Psychoeducational lectures to specific groups of Veterans (e.g., stress management education for patients with diabetes, managing depression etc).
Location of Service in Medical Center:
First Floor, Blue Building, Firm C
Tara A. Consolino, MSW, LMSW, Director of Mental Health Intake & Case Management Services, 313-576-1000, ext. 64343
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- First Floor, Blue Building, Firm C
- 313-576-1000 Ext. 64343
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.