John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
Palliative Care Coordinator
About the Program
Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problems associated with life-threatening illness, through the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO), 2002.
Palliative Care Options
- Pain management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Practical guidance
- Bereavement counseling
- Guidance with treatment options
- Complex medical decisions
- Psychosocial and spiritual support
Inpatient Hospice Unit
- Veterans for whom end-of-life care needs cannot be met in the home
- John D. Dingell VA Medical Center
- 313-576-1000 Ext. 63203
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.