John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
The Detroit VA Medical Center Pharmacy Service's mission is to provide the highest quality pharmaceutical service to our area Veterans. We also strive to ensure safe and cost-effective use of medications; contribute to programs and services which enhance the health of the Veteran patient specifically and the public generally; and, promote pharmacy as an essential component of the health care team within this facility.
The pharmacy offers a variety of services to Veterans in the Metro Detroit Area including, but not limited to, inpatient and outpatient medication orders, drug education, and disease state management. The pharmacy, also provides pharmacy support for the Pontiac and Yale VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
- Chief of Pharmacy – Sandra Willis, Pharm D., M.B.A., 313-576-4635
- Automated Telephone Care System, available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Call (313) 576-1600, or 1-888-511-8056, ext. 61600 to request that medication refills be mailed, inquire on the status of prescriptions, receive drug information, or access co-payment account balance.
Patients can request medication refills for mail-out through the following services:
- By Telephone: Dial (313) 576-1600 or toll-free 1-800-511-8056, ext. 61600. Enter your complete social security number, followed by the pound sign (#) on your touch-tone phone. Press 2 for pharmacy information.
- To request refills by mail - press 1, then enter the prescription number (RX number) followed by #. Only enter numbers. Do not enter any letters.
- To check on the status of a prescription - press 2, then enter the prescription number (RX number) followed by #. Only enter numbers. Do not enter any letters.
- Pharmacy Call Center: Dial (313) 576-1600 or toll-free 1-800-511-8056, ext. 61340
- My HealtheVet: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/
- By Mail: To request refills by mail, a patient should mail it to the following address:
4646 John R
(P.O. Box 02962)
Detroit, MI 48201-2962
Mailings may take up to 10 – 14 days. Patients should allow enough time for their medications to arrive before they run out. Patients should order prescription refills upon receipt of their medications and the orders will be processed and mailed at the appropriate time. If patients have no refills remaining, please contact your provider.
Hours of Operation:
- Outpatient Pharmacy: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Outpatient Pharmacy for Weekends and Holidays: Open 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for patients who are discharged from the hospital, from the Emergency Department or given prescriptions to pick up at the window from the clinics held on Saturdays.
Outpatient Pharmacy Lobby is located on the first floor, in the yellow section, across from the Memorial Fountain
Inpatient Pharmacy is located in the lower level of the blue section
- 313-576-1000 Ext. varies
Hours of Operation
Outpatient Pharmacy: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 pm Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Inpatient Pharmacy: 7 days a week/24 hours a day