John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
Spinal Cord Injury
About the Program
The VA has been a leader in the care and rehabilitation of people with spinal cord injuries for over fifty years. The Spinal Cord Injury and Disease program support team at the Detroit VAMC is committed to assisting all Veterans with spinal cord injuries to live happy, healthy and productive lives.
Staff, which includes physicians, social workers, nurses and rehabilitation therapists work closely with the spinal cord injured Veteran, family members, and significant others to ensure the highest quality of care. Services include:
- annual spinal cord evaluation /complete exam
- prosthetic service (modifications and/or repair of equipment
- evaluation for use of ramps and other adaptive equipment
- evaluation and assistance with transfer to a spinal cord center
- evaluation for home services
- vocational services
Edwin George, M.D., Ph.D.
Neurology, Program Director
313-576-1000 ext. 63311
Ann Brady, LMSW
Cheryl Lang, NP
SCI/MS Nurse Practitioner
- John D. Dingell VA Medical Center
- 313-576-1000 Ext. 65710
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.